SIGN Me up
get weekly emails with the latest tips to help grow your business
VIEW OUR SERVICES
LinkedIn pages, webcopy, blog posts and more.
type below and hit enter
Insert Category Link
Insert Category Link
Insert Category Link
I'm Amelia and I help businesses to grow through practical simple marketing that works.
Read more about me
If you’re looking to create more business connections, then LinkedIn is the place to start. You’ll find all types of professionals there. From recruiters looking to find job candidates to fill their vacant positions to CEOS who want to expand their influence to freelancers who are looking to help small businesses reach more buyers.
In this world of business-focused social media, you don’t know who you’ll meet who could help you to find your next big client. Growing your network steadily and consistently makes good business sense.
However, as it is a professional networking site, your behaviour will need to be more corporate-like. No blasting users with connection requests. Here are some pointers on how to put your best foot forward:
1. Spamming doesn’t cut it. It’s not a good use of your time to send out bulk connection requests. Neither is it wise to blast your connections with information on your latest offers, products or events. This spamming won’t get you loyalty but are more likely to make your connections want to lose you.
2. Don’t use people. People aren’t there just for you to ask for introductions or connections to others in their network. People’s connections are often well protected. Their reputation is on the line, and they will want to protect it. That’s why building relationships needs to go two ways.
3. Treat others how you like to be treated. If you’ve ever received product offers from somebody straight to your inbox without knowing the person, you’ll know that it can be very off-putting. Don’t do that to others. Connect with them through common interest or because they have a company that compliments yours.
4. Be patient. Building relationships and a healthy network take It’s not something that will happen overnight, especially if you’re still finding your feet and have used spam tactics. By applying the ‘planting of seeds’ philosophy to networking, you’ll be able to grow a powerful chain of contacts that are natural and authentic. Over time your connections will remember what you do, and if they like the way you present yourself, they will refer people to you. However, they need to get to know you and that is what takes time.
5. Give value. A great way to show your authority and knowledge of your field is to share consistently. You can do this by taking part in groups, answering questions, sharing about your mission and writing articles. Educate your followers on what you can help with or issues you can solve. If you’re consistent, you’ll stay in people’s minds, and they will think of you when they are ready to hire somebody who does what you do. Otherwise, they may send you a referral.
To be successful on LinkedIn, it’s about using good networking approaches. Always act professionally, so that you portray yourself and your business in the best possible light. Be authentic in your interactions and your clients will get to know and see you as a person rather than a salesperson.
If you’re looking for help with writing your LinkedIn profile, I offer this service either directly through my website for £45/$55 or through People Per Hour, where you can read my reviews. I’ve already helped over 300 people find new jobs and get more contacts with an optimised LinkedIn profile. I also provide branding, marketing and content creation services and courses.
Alternatively, you may be interested in my Biz Growth Plan Course that opens a couple of times a year. You can register your interest here and I’ll keep you informed with regards to dates.
Download now. Everything you need to know to get set up for success on LinkedIn and fast.
Checklist and recommended operational strategy for building your network included.
You'll also automatically be subscribed to my Busy Biz Owner's newsletter which is full of tips on how to grow your biz with less marketing stress.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
For tips and updates follow me on Insta @ameliacopywriter